WebGPU Internals - Miscellaneous
These validation tests are excluded from WebGPU because some features are not implemented in Babylon.js yet:
- GLTF Mesh Primitive Mode (0) and GLTF Mesh Primitive Mode (1): line loop / triangle fan not implemented yet
- GLTF Buggy with Meshopt Compression: formats others than
floatfor the vertex buffers (position, normal, uv, ...) are not supported yet
When the features are implemented, the corresponding validation tests should be re-enabled.
The Self shadowing validation test generates rendering errors (but is still ok because there are less than 2.5% errors) because it uses exponential shadow map whose parameters (
depthScale especially) depend on the precision of the depth map. In WebGL we are using a 32 bits float texture but in WebGPU it's only a half-float texture because linear filtering of 32 bits float textures are not supported (for the time being at least):
Note to core developers: YOU SHOULD RUN THE VALIDATION TESTS LOCALLY OFTEN BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT RUN ON THE AZURE SERVERS!
Run both the:
- WebGPU tests: http://localhost:1338/tests/validation/?list=webgpu&engine=webgpu
- Standard tests: http://localhost:1338/tests/validation/?list=config&engine=webgpu
You should also run them in the "check resource creation" mode: see Check Resource Creation - WebGPU only .
You should update the TWGSL (Tint WASM) module regularly so that it stays in sync with the Tint source code.
- TintWASM module: https://github.com/syntheticmagus/twgsl
- Tint repository: https://dawn.googlesource.com/tint