Welcome To The Babylon.js Documentation
Hello and welcome to the Babylon.js Documentation. In these pages you will find everything you could ever want to know about this powerful, beautiful, simple, and completely open-source web rendering engine. Whether you are just starting your Babylon.js journey, or you are a seasoned veteran, it is our sincere hope that the information contained here will help you bring your ideas to life.
How It's Organized
This documentation is designed to take you on a step by step journey of mastering all that this platform has to offer. The information is organized into 7 main sections, each one expanding on the knowledge from the previous.
- Getting Started - This section is designed to take you on a step by step journey of scratching the surface of Babylon.js and everything it has to offer.
- Diving Deeper - Organized by feature, this section will help you take the next step, expand on your knowledge of the platform, and give you a solid understanding of the depth of possibilties in the engine.
- Advanced Topics - This section will transform you into a Babylon.js expert. Tackling the most dense and advanced topics, this section is not for the faint of heart.
- Tools And Resources - Babylon.js features many incredible tools to make the development process simple and enjoyable. It also has several libraries of content available for you to use completely for free. This section will help you understand and leverage both.
- Guided Learning - Sometimes it's best to learn while doing. This section helps you do just that. These step by step articles and tutorials will help you learn from some of the communities best and brightest teachers.
- Extensions - Bayblon.js is completely free and open source and has one of the world's most amazing development communities behind it, pushing it to be the best that it can be. This section contains information about some of the incredible technology built by the community to that will extend your Babylon.js development even further.
- API - For the most seasoned Babylon.js developers, those who want to understand every single possible super power available, the API meticulously documents every corner of this fantastic platform.
How To Use The Documentation
The documentation page layout has several features that you'll want to know about in order to get the most out of your learning journey.
To start, the left most panel is the navigation pane. This pane is how you navigate to where you'd like to go.
Next is the content pane. It's in the middle, and you guessed it, it contains the main content and information.
Some pages have a lot of information that's organized into sub sections. The table of contents pane makes it easy to navigate lengthier pages.
The panel on the right is the examples pane. It provides quick access to every playground (live examples) on the current page.
Lastly, if you select any one of the examples in the examples pane, it will load that example inside of the playground pane at the top of the page content.
The best place to get started is...well you guessed it, right at our Getting Started section. If you're the type of learner that does better exploring on your own, then the Diving Deeper section is for you. If you are already in love with Babylon.js and want to start contributing to its success, then the Develop With Babylon.js section is the place for you.
Well, that's it. Hopefully that's enough to get you started. Oh, and as we like to say, welcome to the Babylon family. Enjoy your journey!