OBJ File Import
To use it, you just have to reference the loader file:
You can find it here
See how to load from any file type
Babylon.js will know how to load the obj file and its mtl file automatically:
Good things to know
- Your model doesn't have to be triangulated, as this loader will do it automatically.
- A Babylon.Mesh will be created for each object/group
- The obj model should be exported with -Z axis forward, and Y axis upward to be compatible with Babylon.js
- By default, due to optimization in the code for loading time, UVs problems can appear, like this :
If you meet this problem, set the variable
BABYLON.OBJFileLoader.OPTIMIZE_WITH_UV = true;
Then, you'll have a better texture, but with a longer loading.
- For each material defined in the same mesh, it creates a new BABYLON.Mesh.
- The name of the created BABYLON.Mesh follows this syntax: meshName_mmX
- X is the nth BABYLON.Mesh created with this method
Not supported currently
- Smoothing groups (s parameter in OBJ file)
- Illumination (illum parameter in MTL file)
- The differents options for loading textures in MTL file.
- A good description about MTL file and his options could be found here: http://paulbourke.net/dataformats/mtl/